What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can be placed on your device by a website and web browser. It allows the website to recognize you and remember your visit. When you visit again, the cookie can be used to restore your previous experience and preferences.
- Remembering your previous preferences so we can restore them when you visit again. For example, we can remember your selections on the Map page and restore them when you navigate back to the page.
- Using Google Analytics, we can analyze how the website is being used. We can then use this information to make changes to the website to improve the experience for users.
- Improve security
- Enable user accounts and logins
- Enable push notifications for important events like upcoming buses
- Enable Twitter features like tweeting news posts